Wednesday, October 8, 2008

There's No Debate


The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. - John 1:14 NKJV

This morning I needed to reconnect. I dropped on my knees and prayed. I told God I was sorry for being such a loser...and you know what? He told me it was OK, that He loved me no matter what, and to be strong in Him. I started to cry and after a few good heaves, He told me to get up and start my day.

At work, at my computer, before I started doing my job, I read a blog post from wafererjon at walking with Father. His journal-style blog was titled "Why Do I Write This Blog?" For me, it was encouraging, and yet another way to reconnect with the one who loves me no matter what.

One more attempt at bolstering up my day brought me to a devotion by Max Lucado...and now I think I'm ready to start my day! There's no debating that God loves me...sometimes I feel it, sometimes I don't. But, that doesn't matter. He loves me all the time.

I hope and pray you find the encouragement you need to do this day, walking strong, knowing He loves you!

This from Max Lucado's Grace for the Moment, Volume 2:

"The Word became flesh," John said. In other words…he was touchable, approachable, reachable. And, what’s more, he was ordinary. If he were here today, you probably wouldn’t notice him as he walked through a shopping mall. He wouldn’t turn heads by the clothes he wore or the jewelry he flashed.

"Just call me Jesus," you can almost hear him say.

He was the kind of fellow you’d invite to watch the Rams-Giants game at your house. He’d wrestle on the floor with your kids, doze on your couch, and cook steaks on your grill. He’d laugh at your jokes and tell a few of his own. And when you spoke, he’d listen to you as if he had all the time in eternity.

And one thing’s for sure, you’d invite him back.

____________________

Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for "Just Like Jesus," 1997 for "In the Grip of Grace" and 1995 for "When God Whispers Your Name."

Max Lucado is a fixture on the national bestseller lists – a Max Lucado title has appeared on the CBA hardcover bestseller list every month for the past dozen years. He has appeared on the Publishers Weekly, USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists. He has won eight ECPA Gold Medallion awards. - MaxLucado.com


Go to Max Lucado's Book Selection at Amazon to order now!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the link to "Why Do I Blog?". Very true.

wayfarerjon said...

Thanks for the mention - I pray you will have a good day!

Anonymous said...

It does not matter how many times we fail, Jesus is always there. That is what makes Him so special.