Monday, April 28, 2008

Questions Before Getting Engaged


Okay, you've done the dating thing, but now it's time for some tough decisions. Is the one you've been in la-la land with for awhile now the one?

Maybe it's time to take it to the next level. Or maybe it's time to at least explore the next level. That's what I did as I stood in front of a book shelf at Barnes and Noble shortly after meeting my girlfriend, wondering whether I should buy "101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged."

I started placing the book back on the shelf when something inside me said, "Noooo, this one you buy." Thankfully, I listened and the book has been a blessing to my girlfriend and I. We are getting near the end of the book and its helped us on our journey. Decision time is coming soon and I already know we did the right thing by taking our time and working with this book together.

You just may have to stay tuned for the final result!

I highly recommend this book. Several of my friends have gotten a copy and are glad they did.



More than half of all couples who become engaged this year will never make it to the altar. Why? Leading experts believe it's because couples fail to really get to know their potential mate before getting engaged. Relationship expert and noted couples counselor Norman Wright steers potential brides and grooms through a series of soul-searching questions to discern if they've really met "the One."

Couples will be much more confident about whether or not to pursue marriage after completing these in-depth and personal questions. Norm also addresses the delicate subject of calling off the wedding if readers discover that a potential mate isn't actually meant to be a life partner. - Amazon.com



2 comments:

Normal Guys Network said...

You should just know, without any books, or outside advise. I mean that seriously. If it is right, you will just know. Every ounce of your body, mind and soul, will just know.
This does not happen overnight, but over your time together you will just "know".

I have seen people read tons of books, listen to supposed "gurus" and all they ever figure out is that they are way overthinking things. Listen to your heart and head. The answer is already there.

---
Political Disgust

Alexander said...

Thanks PD!