Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where's Your Focus?


Don't live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants. - Ephesians 5:17 (Msg)


Are you looking for a vision for your life? I am. I've taken this summer to try and really focus on what God would have me do with my life.

Earlier in the summer, I took a couple of days retreat in the mountains ... and despite being teased about eating at a restaurant a couple times and not really "communing with nature" it was nevertheless an attempt at trying to get direction from God.

Also, this summer, I've had a 40-day focus on trying to discover my purpose. I combined reading Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life again, Bible reading, note-taking, and prayer.

Do I have a vision or goal for my life right now? Well, in some aspects I do, in others I don't. However, these things are true ... my joy is in the Lord, and my focus on Him directly relates to how well I am able to see Him working around me and even through me.

Please know that I'm still looking for answers. My words here are for me as much as they are for you. It's not about preaching!

Warren writes:

There is nothing quite as potent as a focused life, one lived on purpose. The men and women who have made the greatest difference in history were the most focused. For instance, the apostle Paul almost single-handedly spread Christianity throughout the Roman Empire. His secret was a focused life. He said, "I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead." - Philippians 3:13 (NLT)


Are you still looking for direction? My prayer is that your focus on God is more intense than its ever been. Your growth in the Lord depends on it!

_______________

Alex Murashko, the founder of Outreach New Media, has been helping people get their message out for more than 16 years.

1 comment:

Yvette said...

This is so important, we always need to get away with the Lord to find our new focus. If we stay with the same focus of ten years ago, then we are not growing and changing.
Blessings!