Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Way To a Balanced Life


For the commandment is a lamp, and the law a light. -- Proverbs 6:23

I don't like struggle. Yet, I find myself struggling much more than I think is fair. However, this week I found an antidote to struggle ... getting into the Word!

Charles Stanley makes it so clear in one of his devotions from God's Way this week:

Time With the Word

If you want to know what the Holy Spirit thinks about something, read the Bible. The Scripture is His thoughts on paper. It doesn't get any clearer than that. You and I are not left to discern the mind of the Spirit through the presence or absence of peace and the voice of conscience alone. We have His thoughts written on paper!

The most balanced Christians I know are those who spend time in God's Word on a daily basis. The most unbalanced Christians I know are those who do not. It is that simple.

__________


Internationally-acclaimed author and preacher Charles Stanley adds to his impressive legacy with a year's worth of devotionals drawn from his previous writings including best-sellers Success God's Way, Seeking His Face, and Enter His Gates. This best-selling devotional is loaded with life-changing thoughts and beautiful four-color illustrations. Divided into twelve months but not dated for a specific year, this book promises to become a perennial favorite. - Amazon.com

Get a copy of God's Way Day by Day now!



3 comments:

Yvette said...

I too have found myself struggling in certain areas, and notice that it is stronger than normal.

Must be we are getting close to the rapture!!

vision2eyes@gmail.com said...

great blog keep up the good work

Christian fiction books said...

When you are troubled or confused, just read the Bible and you will seek answers and realizations in life.