Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wisdom from the Psalms: Trust


Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. - Psalm 22:11

This from Dan R. Dick's Wisdom from the Psalms:

Sam stuck close to his older brother Ed. Some bullies had been bothering him, and so he felt wisdom the better part of valor; he dogged Ed's every step. Ed didn't mind. He kind of liked it. He liked knowing that his little brother trusted him and looked up to him. If it was protection Sam wanted, then protection he would have.
The Lord is never far from us. Once we put our trust in Him, He is true to protect and defend us. He loves us to put our faith and respect in Him. Though life may get stormy and rough, the Lord is there to calm the waters and get us through safely.

Prayer
Dear Lord, be with me as I face the challenges of each new day. Protect me from those things that can harm me. Stay close to me, for I know of no great strength than Yours. Amen.

Testimonial: My mother recommended this book to me. Before I got this book I had good days and bad days but since I started reading this book every morning before the start of my day and it has made my days go great. Wisdom from the Psalms has helped me put things into perspective and inspires me to appreciate my life as it is. If you feel lost, lack inspiration, and need to feel better about your life this book is a must. It not only strengthens your spirit but it reaffirms even the shakiest bond with God. I have shared this book with a friend who is dealing with the passing of one of her children and it has made a world of a difference for her. You owe it to yourself to check this book out. - James C

Get Wisdom from the Psalms: Daily Thoughts and Meditations now!


No comments: