Thursday, March 6, 2008

Just One Thing


I want a lot. But maybe I should not want so much and do just one thing - love God. This is my prayer: to love God with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind. Do I need encouragement? Yes, I do daily...and I found a good dose right here...

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers. - 1 Peter 3:12

This from Charles F. Stanley's God's Way Day by Day:

God's plan for your life is that you might be in close fellowship with Him. The means of having that close fellowship is accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior. In accepting Jesus Christ, you are receving God's forgiveness and opening yourself up to His love.

That's your number one reason for living on this earth--to love God in return. That is the foremost aspect of the destiny God has for you!

Once you have received God's forgiveness...then you are ready to fulfill the rest of God's plan for your life, which is this: to follow the Lord wherever He leads you. Your destiny will unfold before you as you obey the daily prompting and leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit.


Internationally-acclaimed author and preacher Charles Stanley adds to his impressive legacy with a year's worth of devotionals drawn from his previous writings including best-sellers Success God's Way, Seeking His Face, and Enter His Gates. This best-selling devotional is loaded with life-changing thoughts and beautiful four-color illustrations. Divided into twelve months but not dated for a specific year, this book promises to become a perennial favorite. - Amazon.com

Get a copy of God's Way Day by Day now!



No comments: