Saturday, March 1, 2008

Strength in Weakness?


Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corinthians 12:10

It's not easy admitting to being weak when we really want to be strong. We live in a performance driven, success orientated world. Who wants to be weak? Yet, when we find ourselves overwhelmed...wanting financial success, better health, a happier relationship, and so on...we can find hope when there seems to be none.

So, why is it a good idea to admit we are weak...make that a great idea? Because in doing so, we aknowledge God, not ourselves as the creator of our life, our destiny, and our purpose.

Like anybody else, I want success in life. But it doesn't always seem to come my way the way I'd like it to. I was bumming out (old school expression) on the fact that my money situation should be better, my weight should be lower, and my work should be more satisfying. Then, I looked up "strength" in the index part of my Bible...I felt I needed some. That's when I found the verse, 2 Corinthians 12:10, and I was no longer "bumming out."

...For when I am weak, then I am strong.

What a wonderful thing to know! Admit to God that you are weak and He is the one you can lean on for strength, not your own. Just the thought alone should give you strength...and something to remember always.

Alexander is a writer in the online spiritual battlefield. You can also find him at The Scrooge Report.



1 comment:

Stavanger Modified Pictures said...

Free English book on Islam and on Jesus from an Islamic perspective for download in PDF format:
http://www.box.net/shared/jwchv9z400

Salaam friend
You are free to download any books for free. Traditional and not, as Faith is to seek knowledge.
I think you would like "Arab conspiracies..." as it show that Islam as practiced has litle to do with the Quran.
Wassalam Bahr